Google Workspace is a set of communication and collaboration apps built for people in organizations. The core Google Workspace communication apps, such as Gmail and Google Meet, are widely used around the world, as are the collaboration apps, such as Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Forms.
Google Workspace is a valuable source for discovery as it provides not only the ability to discover services and users but also can be leveraged to discover employee and department data.
- Single Sign-on & CASB System
Service discovery is the process of automatically identifying services and applications. All discovered services are added to SMP automatically.
Users represent all discovered people who use a specific SaaS.
Google only discovers new services iteratively by pulling data from Login Activity Reports. Therefore, in order to detect a new service we need to receive a login event to that service.
- Log into LeanIX SMP and navigate to Google Workspace (https://us-si.leanix.net/#/service/GoogleApps/settings/general or https://eu-si.leanix.net/#/service/GoogleApps/settings/general)
- Click on the Connect Google button
- Choose the Google account that you would like to track in LeanIX SMP.
- Review permissions and click Allow
Updated 2 months ago