Google provides the ability that enables users to sign into apps frictionlessly using their Google accounts.
Google is a valuable source for discovery as it provides the ability to quickly discover services and users lately logging into allowed apps.
- Single Sign-on & CASB System
|Available entities||Entity description||Google resource|
|New services||Service discovery is the process of automatically identifying services and applications. All discovered services are added to SMP automatically.||Login Activity Reports|
|Users||Users represent all discovered people who use a specific SaaS.||Login Activity Reports|
Google only discovers new services iteratively by pulling data from Login Activity Reports. Therefore, in order to detect a new service we need to receive a login event to that service.
For newly discovered service, user account activity is detected after the next login event is received for that service.
Admin access required
Please log in with an admin account for Google to successfully establish the integration. The account needs access to read Audit Reports.
- Log into LeanIX SMP and navigate to Account Settings -> Discover Integrations
- Open the form to connect Google (https://us-si.leanix.net/settings/integrations/Google/connect or https://eu-si.leanix.net/settings/integrations/Google/connect )
- Fill out the integration name
- Click on the Connect button
- A pop-up with step by step instructions will open and guide you from here on
- First choose the Google account that you would like to track in LeanIX SMP
- Review permissions and click Allow
- On a successful redirect to the SMP you are done
Updated about 2 months ago