Use the Services tab to review all of your services and associated expenses. Here, you will be able to identify the services with the highest cost, edit Business Owners, assess service usage, review monthly active people and their associated costs, and determine if your services are exceeding your expense budget.
Here is what you will see when you open the Services tab.
Extended Services View
A new feature called 'Extended Services View' has been introduced in the services page. It's located above the list of services and can be toggled on or off by clicking the Extended view toggle button.
With the 'Extended Services View,' users can have a summarized overview of their service statistics. This includes the number of services, actual spending for the selected period, the budget for the selected period, the number of active contracts, and the pricing of those active contracts. These numbers take into account any filters that have been applied and are automatically recalculated when filters are changed. The state of this toggle will be remembered between visits, so the user will see it in the same state as the last time they visited the page.
All of your services detected through the connected Discovery Sources will be shown in the Services section. By default, the following columns will be shown:
- Service: name of the SaaS service along with its logo
- Business Owner: Business Owner assigned to the SaaS service in your organization
- Priority: indicates priority of a service
- Service Delegates: Business Owner's backup
- Department: department that is assigned as the owner of the service
- $/mo: monthly cost
- M/M: indicates whether your expenses are going up, down, or staying the same month-to-month
- $YTD: year-to-date spend
- Y/Y: year-over-year change in spending
- Fiscal $YTD: total spending current year-to-date
- Manage Integration Status: Status, where the services discovered, has been integrated into SMP for more detailed information (e.g. services usage, etc)
For users that are simply looking to jump into a specific service quickly, the top bar menu now includes a Global Service Search. With this, you need to start typing the name of the desired service, and the result will appear directly below. Optionally, by clicking into the field, the full-service list will appear on a drop-down list.
For a service to appear in the list of services, it has to be discovered by one of the Discover Integrations or get added via a manual upload. In case a service does not get discovered automatically, there is an option to add the service via the Add Service button. However, adding a service via this method does not allow for any automatic updates to the financial data because this service is not 'linked' to a vendor in one of your Discover Integrations.
You can filter and sort services to show only the most important Services.
You can filter Services based on standard attributes:
- Services Status: This allows you to filter for active and archived services. By default, the service list always has the filter for active services. If the filter is removed, the services list will also contain the archived services.
- Category: type or select the Category(ies) to display all Services that belong to the selected category.
- Business Owner: type or select the Business Owner(s) to display all Services that belong to the selected Business Owner(s).
- Priority: assign priority to the service.
- Service Delegate: type or select the name of the Service Delegate(s) to display all Services that belong to the selected Service Delegate(s).
- Department: type or select the Department(s) to display all Services where the selected Department(s) are involved.
- Integration status: Filter based on services that are Integrated, those which are facing issues with integration, or Services that are not integrated.
Services for which integration is available will be visible under the category Not-Integrated.
- Tag: type or select the service Tag(s) to display all Services that belong to the selected Tag(s).
- Provider: type or select the name of the Provider(s) to display all Services that belong to the selected Provider(s).
Filters can also be applied based on Custom Fields.
Each Custom Field created under the Services category will automatically be visible on the Filter list below the standard fields.
Here is the filter description based on each Custom Field's type:
This filter will display Services for which the date provided is included between the 2 reference Dates. Dates that match the values provided in the After and Before fields will be excluded.
Alternatively, this filter can display Services where no dates have been provided.
This filter will display Services where the name of the person selected appears.
Alternatively, this filter can display Services where no names have been provided.
- Single & Multi-Select:
This filter will display Services where at least one of the categories selected appears.
Alternatively, this filter can display Services where no categories have been selected.
- Free text:
This filter will display Services where the word provided in the filter appears.
Alternatively, this filter can display Services where no text has been provided.
This filter will display Services where the box has been checked.
Alternatively, this filter can display Services that are unchecked.
To sort a column, simply click on any of the column headings. Sorting can be done on any of the columns.
You can customize the columns that are displayed in the services area to help you focus on specific data.
You can reveal/hide columns by clicking on the Columns button in the top right and then selecting/de-selecting columns that you want to add/remove from the table.
You can also add custom columns by clicking the Create column button and adding the new column along with the parameters. Customs columns can also be added in settings. You can learn more about that here.
If you are viewing a long list of services, you may need to scroll down to the bottom and use the horizontal scrollbar to scroll to the right.
You can edit the Business Owners, Service Delegates, and Custom columns in bulk by selecting the services you want to edit. To do this, click on the checkbox at the beginning of the row, then press the Bulk actions button in the toolbar to select which action you would like to take or click on Edit/Add directly in the column you wish to edit.
After making your selection, a modal window will appear where you can complete your action. You can set a user as the owner of the selected services or assign delegates to manage those services. You can also assign values to any custom columns that you defined.
To apply the changes, press the Confirm button, and the selected services will have the new values assigned to them.
You can export the list of services by clicking the Export button.
You have an option of exporting Visible columns or All columns. Upon selecting an export option, an Excel file will be downloaded in the browser.
You can get more details about a service by clicking on a particular service in the Service column. You will see an overview of data related to that service.
- Info: Tabs with more detailed information about the service
- Spend: Service cost trend graph
- Monthly active user accounts: Number of user accounts actively using the service each month
- Usage: Monthly service usage trends by data volume
- Anticipated monthly spend: Panel with information about monthly user accounts, monthly spend vs amount budgeted, and ownership
You can also see how a service is prioritized or not by looking at the star sign next to the service name.
To view more information about people's user accounts, use the User Accounts tab. This tab provides a trend overview of monthly active user accounts as well as more granular information about who the people are, how many service accounts they have, and other useful information.
To view more information about service usage volumes and data consumption trends, click the Usage tab.
To view invoice and spend trend data for a particular service, click the Spend tab. Here you will find more detailed information about when you were charged, how much, and from what source.
The Contracts tab contains essential contract information related to a selected service.
Here you will find information about:
- whether the contracts are active
- contract type and volume
- contract duration
- contract value
- renewal cycle information
You can view associated costs information and utilization data for each department on the Departments tab. In this view, under the column User accounts, you will see for each department the number of active users and the total number of users in this format :
(number of active users within the 30 days) / (total number of user).
Updated 4 months ago