Use the "Services" tab to analyze all of your services and associated expenses. Here, you will be able to identify the services with the highest cost, edit business owners, assess service usage, review monthly active people and their associated costs, as well as determine if your services are exceeding your expense budget.
Here is what you will see when you open the "Services" tab.
For a service to appear in the list of services, it has to be discovered by one of the Discover Integrations or get added via a manual upload. In case a service does not get discovered automatically, there is an option to add the service via the "Add a service" button. However, adding a service via this method does not allow for any automatic updates to the financial data because this service is not "linked" to a vendor in one of your Discover Integrations.
All of your services detected through the connected Discovery Sources will be shown in the “Services” section. By default, the following columns will be shown:
- Service: name of the SaaS service along with its logo
- Business Owner: Business owner assigned to the SaaS service in your organization
- Department: department that is assigned as the owner of the service
- $/mo: monthly cost per department
- M/M: indicates whether your expenses are going up, down, or staying the same month-to-month
- $YTD: year-to-date spend
- Y/Y: year-over-year change in spending
- Fiscal $YTD: total spending current year-to-date
- Manage Integration Status: Status, where the services discovered, has been integrated into SMP for more detailed information (e.g. services usage, etc)
You can filter and sort services to show only the most important services.
To sort a column, simply click on any of the column headings. Sorting can be done on any of the columns.
You can filter services by Manage Integration Status.
Upon hovering over each button, you will get a tooltip describing each filter. You can apply the following filters:
- Option 1: Show all services (regardless of the integration status)
- Option 2: Show services that are already integrated into SMP
- Option 3: Show services that are having integration issues in the SMP
- Option 4: Show non-integrated services
You can customize the columns that are displayed in the services area to help you focus on specific data.
You can reveal/hide columns by clicking on the "Columns" button in the top right and then selecting/de-selecting columns that you want to add/remove from the table.
You can also add Custom Columns by clicking the Custom Columns button and add the new column along with the parameters.
If you are viewing a long list of services, you may need to scroll down to the bottom and use the horizontal scrollbar to scroll to the right.
You can export the list of services by clicking the "Export" button.
You have an option of exporting "Visible columns" or "All columns". Upon selecting an export option, an Excel file will be downloaded in the browser.
You can get more details about a service by clicking on any of the services in the "Service" column. In this example, we are focusing on "Akamai".
By clicking on the service, you will see an overview of data related to that service.
- Info: Tabs with more detailed information about the service
- Spend: Service cost trend graph
- Monthly active user accounts: Number of user accounts actively using the service each month
- Usage: Monthly service usage trends by data volume
- Anticipated monthly spend: Panel with information about monthly user accounts, monthly spend vs amount budgeted, and ownership
To view more information about people's user accounts, use the "User Accounts" tab. This tab provides a trend overview of monthly active user accounts as well as, more granular, information about who the people are, how many service accounts they have, and other useful information.
To view more information about service usage volumes and data consumption trends, click the "Usage" tab.
To view invoice and spend trend data for a particular service, click the "Spend" tab. Here you will find more detailed information about when you were charged, how much, and from what source.
The "Contracts" tab contains essential contract information related to a selected service.
Here you will find information about:
- whether the contract(s) is/are active
- contract type and volume
- contract duration
- contract value
- renewal cycle information
You can view associated costs information and utilization data for each department on the "Departments" tab.
Updated 3 months ago