NetSuite provides a cloud-based ERP software suite. NetSuite is an integrated suite of applications for managing accounting, order processing, inventory management, production, supply chain, and warehouse operations.
Service discovery is the process of automatically identifying services and applications. All discovered services are added to SMP automatically.
Invoices discovery is the process to collect invoices from all services. All discovered invoices on the services are added to SMP automatically.
(all types with vendor information - e.g. VendorBill, PurchaseOrder, etc.)
Cost discovery is the process to identify every spending on all costs. All discovered costs on the services are added to SMP automatically.
Employees are discovered to get a complete overview of all employees of an organization and enrich the data for each discovered user.
Departments represent the organisational structure of an organization relate to employees. This data is used to identify where in the organization which SaaS is used.
More info on the resources used
Data is pulled using SOAP version 2017_2 (see WSDL)
- Log in to NetSuite
- Navigate to Setup > Integration > SOAP Web Services Preferences (link)
- Copy and save your Account ID as shown below
- Navigate to Setup > Company > Enable Features (link)
- Select the SuiteCloud tab
- Under SuiteTalk (WebService) make sure SOAP Web Services are enabled
- Under Manage Authentication enable Token-based authentication
- Save the configuration
We recommend creating a separate integration role-specific to the LeanIX SMP integration. This integration role must have permissions to retrieve vendors, transactions (bills, purchase orders), and/or departments and employees. This integration role must have the ability to log in through web services. This role can then be assigned to the integration user.
- Navigate to Setup > User/Roles > Manage Roles > New (link)
- Enter role name “LeanIX SMP Integration”, select accessible subsidiaries (if not sure, select all) and enable “Web Services only role”
- Under Permissions > Transactions, Permissions Lists and Permissions > Setup, add the permissions listed in the table below
SOAP Web Services
User Access Tokens
View Login Audit Trail
- Save the new role
Once you've set up our integration role (LeanIX SMP integration), you need to assign this role to your integration user. We recommend creating a separate user for your integrations.
- Navigate to Lists > Employees > Employees > New (link)
- Enter a new user name “LeanIX SMP Integration User”
- Scroll down to the Access section and check “GIVE ACCESS”
- Assign the newly created role (LeanIX SMP integration)
- Save the new user
You need to create an integration record to represent the LeanIX SMP application connecting to NetSuite.
- Go to Setup > Integration > Manage Integrations > New (link)
- Add a name for this integration “LeanIX SMP Integration”
- Select Enabled in the State picklist
- Check the Token-based Authentication checkbox on the Authentication subtab
- Save this integration
- Now that we have created an integration record, save the consumer key and consumer secret. You’ll enter this into LeanIX SMP to connect to NetSuite later
The next step is to create an Integration record in NetSuite and generate the authentication information needed to allow LeanIX SMP to integrate.
- Go to Setup > Users/Roles > Access Tokens > New (link)
- Select the integration record, integration user, and role we created earlier.
- Save the newly created access token.
- Save the token ID and token secret somewhere and keep it confidential - these will not
be retrievable again from NetSuite. You’ll enter a token ID and token secret into LeanIX SMP to connect to NetSuite later.
- Log into LeanIX SMP
- Navigate to Account Settings > Connectors > Connect to NetSuite
- Enter Account ID, Consumer Key, Consumer Secret, Token ID, and Token secret
- Click Connect
Updated about 2 months ago