Jamf Pro is for system administrators to manage Mac OS X computers and iOS mobile devices
Pricing Jamf Pro pricing is based per device per month.
- Members: email, name, role (Device Only, Full Access, Site Access, Group Access, number of devices (managed users only), Level of permission - Administrator, Auditor, Enrollment Only or)
- number of computers
- number of phones
- Status: General Availability
- Type: api
- Permissions required:
* User providing credentials must an admin and it must have access to the endpoints.
The already existing user can be used, if the user is a standard user account (does not uses the SSO to log in), does not uses the MFA and has at least the Auditor role. For audit reasons we do normally recommend creating a new account.
- Log into the JamfPro instance. Remeber the URL, as this will be needed to integrate JamfPro with LeanIX SMP.
- In Jamf Pro, click Settings in the top-right corner of the page.
- In the System Settings section, click Jamf Pro User Accounts & Groups.
- Click New.
- Select Create Standard Account and click Next.
- On the Account pane, enter information about the account as needed. Pick the username, that will allow you to see that this is an integration user for LeanIX SMP in the future. Remember the username and password, as they will be needed to integrate JamfPro with LeanIX SMP.
- Choose an access level from the Access Level pop-up menu. To get the data for the whole instance, choose the Full Access option.
- Choose Auditor from the Privilege Set pop-up menu.
- Click Save.
- Log into LeanIX SMP and navigate to JamfPro settings
- Click on the Integrate button and fill out the form with appropriate credentials:
1. Subdomain (step 1.1, usually in the form of company-name.jamfcloud.com)
2. Username (step 1.6)
3. Password (step 1.6)
Sometimes the JamfPro endpoint we are using are only available through the specific port. Because we use proxy for all our requests, and these proxies do not support custom ports, we at this time can not connect to it.
Since we should be noticing this when testing, we will block the adding of credentials, if this is the case.
Updated 4 months ago