Okta provides cloud software that helps companies manage and secure user authentication into applications, and for developers to build identity controls into applications, website web services, and devices.
Okta is a valuable source for discovery as it provides not only the ability to discover services and users but also to discover employee and department data.
- Single Sign-on & CASB System
With this integration to Okta, we determine the scope and the entities we pull to help you discover all your services and the subsequent information.
|Service discovery is the process of automatically identifying services and applications. All discovered services are added to SMP automatically.
|Users represent all discovered people who use a specific SaaS.
|Employees are discovered to get a complete overview of all employees of an organization and enrich the data for each discovered user.
|Departments represent the organisational structure of an organization relate to employees. This data is used to identify where in the organization which SaaS is used.
To integrate OKTA as a discovery integration you need to enable LeanIX SMP API service integration in the OKTA admin panel.
To do so follow these steps:
- Open Okta admin panel and go to Applications > API Service Integrations and click Add Integration
- Select LeanIX on the list and click Next at the bottom of the page.
- Okta automatically selects and present the required permission. You can review them and click on Install & Authorize.
- Copy the Client Secret and click Done.
- Copy Okta Domain and Client ID.
After creating the Okta credentials please follow the next steps:
- In LeanIX SMP: Navigate to Settings > Discover Integrations > Add integration, find Okta and click Connect.
- Select Name of the Integration and click Next.
- Select capabilities you want to enable and click Next.
- Input credentials you generated on the Okta admin portal.
- Click Finish and wait for the connection to be established.
Updated 5 months ago